Bringing Baby Home Educator Training
August 30 @ 08:30 - August 31 @ 18:00| 799 USD
BETH GOSS & JONI PARTHEMER, AUGUST 2020
Teach the Bringing Baby Home Program to couples in your community.
Even the strongest relationships are strained during the transition to parenthood. Lack of sleep, never-ending housework and new fiscal concerns can lead to profound stress and a decline in marital satisfaction — all of which affect baby’s care. Not surprisingly, 67% of new parents experience conflict, disappointment and hurt feelings.
Our research-based Bringing Baby Home workshops prepare couples for life with baby and helps them be the best parenting team possible. In a relaxed and supportive environment, parents learn to strengthen their relationship and foster baby’s development during this challenging time. They build on what Dr. Gottman and colleagues found is the best predictor of marital adjustment after baby arrives: the quality of friendship in the marriage. Learn how to teach pregnant and parenting couples the skills needed to encourage healthy, supportive family relationships.
This newly designed, research-based training equips participants to independently teach pregnant and parenting couples to successfully prepare for the transition to parenthood.
The training is a high quality program that combines lecture, multi-media presentations, interactive exercises, and discussion. Dedicated trainers facilitate two days of research-based training, teaching participants how to use the materials, content, tools, and exercises. You will be equipped to teach the Bringing Baby Home workshop to parents immediately following the training.
WHAT WILL I LEARN IN THE BRINGING BABY HOME EDUCATOR TRAINING
The Bringing Baby Home Master Trainers will teach you:
- The value and importance of the Bringing Baby Home Program
- How couples can move through time together
- The art of building love maps
- The importance of sharing fondness and admiration
- The concept of turning towards and building an emotional bank account
- How to maintain the positive perspective
- How to ritualize the daily stress-reducing conversation
- The topic of flooding, self-soothing, and taking breaks
- Recognize the four warning signs of relationship meltdown
- Practice the four steps of constructive problem solving
- Recognize the importance of fathers, understand baby blues, postpartum mood disorders and other mental health issues
- Show parents how to connect with their children
- Preserve intimacy and romance in your relationship
- Create shared meaning, values, and rituals of connection
WHO IS THIS TRAINING FOR?
Whether you have years of experience or you’re just getting started in your field, this training will give you tools to facilitate a Bringing Baby Home New Parents Workshop for couples in your community. The following will benefit from attending the Bringing Baby Home Educator Training:
- Childbirth educators
- Life coaches
- Birth and postpartum doulas
- Social workers
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
Upon completion of the training attendees receive an official Gottman Bringing Baby Home Educator certificate, seal, and access to our online Bringing Baby Home Educator Resource Library. Included in the registration price is the 300-page Gottman Educator Training Manual and the Bringing Baby Home New Parents Workshop: Couples Materials Set, which contains the core items facilitators need to present a productive and engaging workshop. The Couples Materials Set also serves as course material for the Bringing Baby Home New Parents workshops, which educators can bulk order to use in a class or group setting. The set includes:
- One (1) Bringing Baby Home Couple’s Workbook
- One (1) Love Maps Card Deck
- One (1) Love Maps for Couples with Kids Card Deck
- One (1) Open-Ended Questions Card Deck
- One (1) Father Cards Card Deck
- One (1) Softened Start-Up and Expressing Needs Card Deck
- Coffee Breaks and Lunch-box all through the training
Upon completion of the training attendees receive an official Gottman Bringing Baby Home Educator certificate, seal, and access to our online Bringing Baby Home Resource Library.
As a result of this training, you will be able to:
- Present and facilitate couples’ small groups and classes at your hospital, community center, place of business, or home
- Teach pregnant and parenting couples the skills needed to encourage healthy, supportive family relationships while decreasing postpartum depression, relationship conflict, and hostility
- Independently teach and facilitate the 12-hour Bringing Baby Home Couples Workshop
- Use the Gottman Bringing Baby Home Educator title and distinction
Early registration until 11st of March 699 usd
Registration fee after 11st of March untill 21st of June 799 usd
Late registration fee untill 28th of August 899 usd
Official language of the training is English.
ABOUT JONI & BETH
Joni holds a Masters in Curriculum and Instruction degree and is both a Master Trainer and Education Director for the Bringing Baby Home Program. She also holds certification as a Childbirth Educator and International Childbirth Association Approved Trainer. Joni is a faculty member at the Simkin Center for Allied Birth Professions at Bastyr University as well as a Birth and Family Educator at Swedish Medical Center in Seattle, WA. She has developed, published and implemented a variety of training materials for educators interested in providing support and growth programs for families. She is married and the mother of two children.
Beth Goss did her graduate work in Elementary Education and is a Certified Gottman Educator and Training Specialist for the Bringing Baby Home program. She is also a full-time faculty member at North Seattle College where she teaches parent education classes to families raising children birth-5 years. In addition, Beth is a certified childbirth educator and currently teaches classes and runs postpartum support groups for Swedish Medical Center in Seattle, WA. She is married and the mother of two children.