Level I Training
30 August 2020 @ 09:00 - 31 August 2020 @ 18:00| 599USD
GOTTMAN METHOD COUPLES THERAPY LEVEL I TRAINING
DONALD COLE, AUGUST 2020
Take the first step in learning Gottman Method Couples Therapy with the Clinical Director of the Gottman Institute, Donald Cole.
A truly inspiring workshop, Level 1 Training will give you new insights into treatment for couples who struggle, using proven assessment techniques and intervention strategies.
Gottman Method is an emotion-focused, and highly effective approach which is based on Drs. John and Julie Gottman’s four decades of research with more than 3,000 couples. It is the most extensive study ever done on marital stability and divorce prediction.
In this workshop, you will be provided with a research-based roadmap for helping couples compassionately manage their conflicts, deepen their friendship and intimacy, and share their life purpose and dreams based on the Sound Relationship House Theory.
You will be introduced to Dr. Gottman’s breakthrough research on thousands of couples to understand the difference between the “Masters” and “Disasters” of relationships. If you are not already doing assessment, this training will teach you how to assess a relationship’s strengths and areas of concern using empirically validated questionnaires.
You will view original videos of real couples from the famous Gottman “Love Lab,” as well as videos of Dr. Julie Gottman demonstrating assessment and interventions in a case example from her private practice.
WHAT WILL I LEARN IN LEVEL 1?
At the completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Summarize the research that allows us to predict future relationship stability.
- Describe the seven levels of the Sound Relationship House Theory.
- Conduct a couple’s therapy assessment using elements of the couple’s narrative, the Oral History Interview, written questionnaires, observations of conflict and individual interviews.
- Describe two interventions to help strengthen a couple’s conflict management.
- Describe two interventions to enhance a couple’s friendship system.
- Describe two interventions to explore a couple’s system of shared meaning.
- Explain why physiological self-soothing is essential for a healthy relationship.
- Create a therapeutic contract with a couple, discuss and decide on goals and include a summary of the couples strengths and areas that need improvement.
- Describe the Philosophy of Therapy and including assumptions, overview of techniques and goals of therapy.
- Describe the Rapoport Intervention and when to use it.
- Describe the process of therapy, including the structure of a session.
WHO IS THIS TRAINING FOR?
This training is for mental health providers, allied professionals and clergy, students and interns, family clinic staff, professors/teachers of couples therapy, researchers in the social sciences, and employee assistance professionals. There are no prerequisites.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
Included in the registration price is a clinical training manual, which contains the core Gottman Method Couples Therapy assessments and interventions. You will be awarded a Certificate of Completion from The Gottman Institute.
- 300-page Level 1 Clinical Training Manual
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 1 Training Certificate of Completion
- Up to 12 CE Hours available
- Eligibility to continue to Level 2 Training
- Eligibility to continue to Treating Affairs & Trauma Training (link verelim)
- Coffee breaks and lunch-box all through the training
Early registration until 11st of March 499 usd
Registration fee after 11st of March untill 21st of June 599 usd
Late registration fee untill 28th of August 699 usd
Official language of the training is English.
Donald Cole, D.Min. LPC-S, LMFT-S, Clinical Director at the Gottman Institute, is a licensed Professional Counselor, a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and an approved supervisor in both disciplines. Dr. Cole received the Doctor of Ministry degree in Pastoral Counseling and Psychotherapy from Garrett-Evangelical Seminary at Northwestern University in 1993. Dr. Cole, along with his wife, Carrie Cole, co-founded The Center for Relationship Wellness, a private practice for therapy, consultation and training in Houston, Texas. His work with couples includes couple’s therapy, workshops, seminars, and intensive marathon sessions. He is committed to training therapists and other professionals and has provided supervision, graduate courses and continuing educational programs throughout his career.